Shambaugh was contracted to perform MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) design-build services which they completed on time and within budget.
Unity Healthcare (UHC) needed a three-story, 75,000-square-foot medical center to offer comprehensive, multi-specialty medical services, including urology, plastic surgery, pain management, OB/GYN, as well as seven procedure rooms, general surgery suites, a community center, and medical library.
Scope of Services
Mechanical construction services included:
- Six variable air volume packaged rooftop units totaling 217 ton and 67,000 cfm
- Forty variable air volume terminals complete with hot water re-heat system
- One 1,500-MBH hot water heating boiler
- 200-MBH domestic hot water heater
Electrical construction services included:
- 1200-amp 277/480v. 3D 4W S.E.
- 350KW generator
- Fire Alarm, Nurse Call, etc.
Fire protection services included:
- Wet-type sprinkler system
Unity Health Care, Inc. (Unity) was founded in 1985 providing primary health care services to homeless individuals and families that resided in emergency shelters or on the streets of the District of Columbia.