Ammonia and Industrial Refrigeration
Shambaugh & Son is one of the largest ammonia refrigeration contractors in the nation—and one of the largest Frick® Factors (Johnson Controls’ hand-picked refrigeration partners) in the continental United States.
Shambaugh & Son has established an elevated modular prefabricated construction approach to ammonia and industrial refrigeration projects that helps reduce costs and accelerate schedules. Our fabrication facilities allow us to produce refrigeration piping systems quickly and in a controlled environment resulting in superior quality and speed of delivery.
Shambaugh’s ammonia refrigeration systems are designed using 3D Building Information Modeling (BIM) to help ensure accurate details and precise dimensions. This prefabricated modular unit concept is often used to accommodate quick changeovers with little-to-no unscheduled downtime.
From design-build and value engineering services to complete construction services, Shambaugh offers a single-source combination of mechanical, electrical, fire, security, and communication services.
Whether clients need design and installation services for centralized, single stage, ammonia refrigeration systems or expanded ammonia refrigeration and freezer systems for large warehouses, Shambaugh’s team can rise to meet the challenge.
Ammonia and industrial refrigeration services can include:
- Design-Build services
- 3D BIM modeling
- Designing and constructing ammonia engine rooms
- Relocating all existing assets
- Designing and installing new centralized ammonia refrigeration systems
- Fabricating and installing modular hanger systems
- Installing distributed glycol piping and other piping systems
- Piping fabrication
- Coordinating and executing the demolition and removal of all existing ammonia piping and equipment from within a facility