Shambaugh installed this refrigeration project which consisted of a prefabricated modular state-of-the-art 900 ton (TR), centralized, ammonia refrigeration equipment skid. The system was 3D modeled to ensure accurate details and dimensions.
Scope of Services
A prefabricated modular unit concept was selected because of limited real estate, the need for a quick changeover with no unscheduled downtime, and to add capacity for future refrigeration needs.
The 24' x 40' unit was built in three sections and included refrigeration compressors, evaporative condensers, motor control centers, PLC control centers, plate and frame chiller, emergency shower, lighting and all interconnecting piping, electrical and control wiring. The unit was enclosed with insulated metal panel walls and ceiling.
- Designed in 3D BIM to ensure accurate details and dimensions, allowing the customer to tour and evaluate the installation during construction
- Prefabricated modular unit shipped in three sections
- Equipment included one plate and frame glycol chiller which replaced three shell and tube chillers and two ice builders
- Energy efficient design utilizing variable frequency drives for precise discharge head pressure control.
- State-of-the-art, PLC-based touch screen control system
- Completely portable and could be moved, if necessary
- Maintenance friendly design, which allows easy access to all valves, motors, and fans
The unit was designed, built, tested and delivered to the field in a seven month time frame, where it was quickly integrated into the plant’s utility infrastructure.