Client needed a new compressor room to provide cooling for the production room, mix silo, storage freezer, HVAC, and distributed glycol systems.
Scope of Services
Shambaugh completed the installation of a two-stage/three suction level refrigeration system. The initial installation consisted of 18 compressors that ranged in size from 300-1000 HP. Twelve large evaporative condensers served to reject this load to the environment.
Nineteen 75,000 cfm rooftop HVAC units and over 10 miles of refrigeration piping service the various process areas to ensure proper temperatures and hygienic filtration. A centralized control system allowed for critical process temperature control and the integration of an ammonia monitoring system.
- Designed in 3D BIM to ensure accurate details and dimensions, allowing the customer to tour and evaluate the installation prior to and during fabrication and construction
- Prefabricated piping assemblies to meet demanding installation schedule
- 10,000 ton, 2-stage compressor system to achieve process temperatures of –50ºF
- Energy efficient design utilizing variable frequenecy drives for precise discharge head pressure control
- State-of-the-art, PLC-based control system
- Centralized Glycol Chilling System and Process HVAC installation
- Strict adherence to X-ray (NDE) requirements