The system, excluding the evaporative condenser, is contained in an insulated containment package, ventilated in the summer, heated in the winter. This system is one of several that were prefabricated in Shambaugh’s fabrication facility, and shipped to the job site for cost efficient installation. This system is unique due to the fact that the only outside needs are glycol (in and out), electrical and water. It is completely portable and can be easily moved.
A major Wisconsin cheese company selected Shambaugh to design, engineer and install a 300 ton totally self-contained ammonia glycol chiller package.
Scope of Services
The system is completely regulated and protected by a Shambaugh engineered control system. Details of the project include the following:
- 300 ton ammonia welded plate and frame glycol chiller
- Cools 1000 gpm of 30% propylene glycol to 28°F
- Two Frick RXF screw compressors with capacity control to match refrigeration needs to 300-ton
- A BAC self-contained evaporative condenser to match compressor heat rejection
- PLC-based control system to provide control and ammonia detection