Shambaugh & Son (Shambaugh) has performed hundreds of projects in K-12 schools, many with in-house resources and single-source responsibility.
From design-build and value engineering services to complete construction services, Shambaugh offers a single-source combination of mechanical, electrical, fire, security, and communication services.
Shambaugh is often asked by clients for solutions to obtain decades of additional functional use from their existing buildings while improving safety, maintaining excellent learning environments, and providing low-cost maintenance and operations.
Shambaugh’s institutional background ranges from elementary schools to high schools to higher-education facilities, including dormitories. Shambaugh also works with power plants, correctional facilities, biotech firms, and religious facilities.
Some of the institutional services Shambaugh & Son offers include:
- Preconstruction services
- Boiler replacement
- Chiller plant addition
- Hydronic system pipe conversions
- Air-handling unit replacements
- Domestic plumbing piping, fixtures, and trim installations
- Electrical services upgrades
- New electrical distribution panels, feeders, and brand circuits with more outlets
- New LED lighting
- New public address and clock systems
- Security improvements
- New lighting systems
- New fire alarm system installations
- New paging systems
- New structured cabling systems
- Exterior lighting upgrades