Shambaugh & Son performed the Design-Build of the Mechanical, Electrical, Fire Protection, and Temperature Controls work on a single-source, MEP basis in partnership with Hagerman Construction.
The Trinity English Lutheran Church renovation was a $10 million project to renovate the existing facilities, as well as building an addition to the church. A 12,000 sf gathering space was added to the building which includes a new mechanical/electrical room, as well as a lobby and reception area.
Scope of Services
- Open loop groundwater geothermal system comprised of 6 water-to-water heat pumps
- Replacement of 50 year old existing air handling units with new VFD-driven units
- New 480V electrical service to the building
- Addition of fire projection systems to newly constructed areas
- Addition of solar panels for supplementary power to facility
- Replacement and upgrades to heating and chilled water loops
- Replacements and upgrades to existing security and fire alarm systems
- Addition of DDC temperature controls tied into existing pneumatic controls
The church was awarded the Energy Patriot Award for its energy savings updates including geothermal systems and solar panels.