Shambaugh is a single-source, vertically integrated, Design-Build Construction Engineering firm offering process, mechanical, electrical, refrigeration, fire protection, security, and communication services.
Shambaugh has provided Design-Build services for many award-winning dairy processing plants. On multiple occasions, facilities designed by Shambaugh have won US Dairy Plant of the Year, including in 2015, when Kroger Mountain View Foods was selected for the award thanks to the plant’s advanced material handling technology. Most recently, in 2018, Shambaugh designed and built Dairy Farmers of America’s Garden City plant, which Food Engineering magazine named the “Sustainable Plant of the Year” in recognition of the plant’s outstanding sustainable engineering features.
Shambaugh focuses on providing clients with facilities that offer innovative value, such as cutting-edge water recycling systems, 24-hour process capabilities, and material-handling design for increased process flow. Additionally, in-house prefabrication capabilities help Shambaugh meet fast-track construction deadlines and complete expansions while minimizing disturbances to a plant’s regular production process.
Shambaugh’s dairy services include, but aren’t limited to:
- Process and automation systems
- Complete power, lighting, and controls
- Complete plumbing, mechanical, fire protection, and utility system design and construction
- Ammonia refrigeration systems with state-of-the art controls and ammonia detection
- Architectural, civil, and structural systems
- Cold storage freezers and coolers
- Prefabrication services featuring 3D computer modeling software
- Waste water treatment
- Reverse osmosis (RO) boiler systems
- 24-hour milk processing capabilities
- Sanitation systems
- Receiving, storage, and sanitation