Shambaugh offered significant “value engineering” to bring the construction engineering project in on budget. Shambaugh provided complete design/assist, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) services.
Dupont Hospital needed to construct a new 138,000-square-foot, 86 bed hospital with 24-hour emergency department, surgical services, outpatient services and a maternity services department with a family birthing suite.
Scope of Services
Shambaugh's MEP scope of work included:
- Mechanical services
- Plumbing services
- Two steam boilers at 8,370 MBH each
- Two water cooled chillers at 300 tons each
- Nine air handling units producing a total of over 140,000 CFM
- Electrical services
- New 4,000 AMP service
- Emergency generator rated at 900 KW
- Automatic Temperature Control System (Invensys)
- Fire Protection Services