Dupont Hospital needed to expand their existing facility to include a new 78,000-square-foot, 3-floor addition to the hospital. The new addition contains a new surgery center, a pre- and post-operation room and ICU, medical/surgical, administration, chiller room and multiple interior renovations.
Scope of Services
Shambaugh performed the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, and temperature control services on a single source, combination mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) basis.
Shambaugh's facilities services scope of work included:
- New 750-ton chiller system to interface with existing system
- New cooling tower
- Five new air handling units and retrofit of existing HVAC systems
- New HVAC piping installation
- Replacement of two existing cooling towers with new ones
- New medical gas systems and plumbing installation
- Installation of electrical power and lighting
- New emergency service power systems for critical equipment and life safety
- Fire alarm system
- Wet sprinkler fire protection
- Building Automation System (BAS) with complete DDC installation
- New web based automated temperature control (ATC) tied into owner’s ethernet installation