Shambaugh performed both the design and construction of the mechanical, electrical, fire protection, and temperature controls system for this building which achieved LEED Gold Certification.
The client required approximately a 170,000-square-foot core and shell office space. The building consists of four levels of leasable space and one level below grade.
Scope of Services
Shambaugh was selected as the single-source Design-Build MEP contractor for the St. Joseph Medical office building in Mishawaka, Indiana. Work included:
- Five new rooftop air handling units producing a total of 146,000 cfm
- State-of-the-art ATC system with Direct Digital Controls utilizing LonWorks
- Demand control ventilation
- 159 Variable air volume boxes
- Innovative design for water savings
- Occupancy lighting controls
- New 3,300 kVA service to building