Shambaugh provided the 3D BIM team and employed several elements of new construction technology, along with its extensive prefabrication and national purchasing power to “add value” to the project.
Shambaugh provided preconstruction design-assist, value engineering and complete construction and commissioning for the“single source” combination mechanical, electrical and building automation system for the new 430,000-square-foot Porter Regional Hospital.
Scope of Services
This new multi-level healthcare facility is comprised of three levels and a six-floor patient tower with upper-most floor serving as mechanical penthouse with attached central utility plant.
The hospital has 12 operating rooms, three cath labs (two future), full kitchen with garden level dining room for patients and visitors, and 175 patient bed unit for extended recovery stays.
- Three 400hp High Pressure Steam Boilers
- Steam-to-Water Reheat Exchangers
- 21 Air Handling Units
- 650 VAV Boxes
- Three 725-ton High Efficiency Water Cooled Chillers
- All Plumbing, Medical Gas and Utilities
- Fully Integrated Building Automation System (BAS) with the latest technology
- New 8,000 amp 480 Volt Service
- High Efficiency Lighting System including Green Guidelines
- Prefabricated Plumbing, Utility Piping, Equipment Piping, Hanger Systems and Electrical Conduit/Branch Circuitry
- Complete Medical Gas System
Shambaugh was selected for the combination MEP trades and contributed over $8 million of MEP value engineering cost savings ideas.