Shambaugh installed comprehensive sprinkler, pump, and tank systems throughout two warehouse buildings to help protect a large inventory from fire damage.
Walmart required the latest in fire protection systems for their new 2.2 million-square-foot warehouse and distribution center.
Shambaugh set up fire protection systems per National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards, to protect valuable retail assets held in two adjacent buildings, totaling 2.2 million square feet. Shambaugh provided and installed:
- Seven sprinkler riser assemblies
- 57 early suppression fast response systems
- Two 300,000-gallon bolted steel groundwater storage tanks (per NFPA 22)
- One 2,500 gallons-per-minute horizontal electrical fire pump (per NFPA 20)
- One 2,500 gallons-per-minute diesel engine fire pump (per NFPA 20)
Walmart is an American multinational retail corporation and one of the world’s largest company by revenue, operating a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores.