We networked detection, alarm, and release systems and provided multiple deluge, pre-action, and wet and dry solutions to protect the Prairie State Energy Campus from fire hazards.
As the largest private capital project ever undertaken in Illinois at the time of completion, Prairie State Energy Campus needed complete, state-of-the-art detection and suppression systems to protect their investment from fire.
Shambaugh designed, fabricated, and installed:
- Networked plant fire detection, alarm, and release systems
- Wet systems for the two steam turbine buildings
- Multiple deluge systems for plant transformers and lube oil blocks
- Pre-action systems for generator and turbine bearings
- Wet and dry sprinkler systems for the gas compressors and miscellaneous structures
- A water mitigation system for the on-site ammonia storage facility
Prairie State uses domestic resources and clean coal and emission control technology to provide clean energy throughout the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic.