For Sysco’s first regional distribution center—and their largest facility—we installed fire protection solutions to protect assets throughout 480,000 square feet of refrigerated storage, 390,000 square feet of dry goods storage, and 50,000 square feet of office space.
Sysco required the latest fire protection systems for this major facility, which serves 13 of their local operating companies.
Shambaugh designed, fabricated, and installed:
- 22,300 sprinkler heads
- 55 miles (290,000 square feet) of sprinkler pipe
- 20 rack systems with releasing control panel
- 16 double-interlock systems with releasing control panel
- Eight early suppression fast response systems
- Five dry pipe systems
- Two single interlock systems
- One 2,500 gallons-per-minute diesel fire pump
- One 2,500 gallons-per-minute electric fire pump
- FM-200 liquefied gas extinguishing system
Sysco is a global marketer and distributor of food products for the restaurant, healthcare, educational, and lodging markets.