Zentis Plant Renovation, PLYMOUTH, IN
Shambaugh & Son’s industry leading fabrication facilities and extensive field resources were key in delivering this project; with crews that peaked at over 100 people. In the short window of time for this project nearly 30,000 linear feet of piping was installed in and on the roof of the building and approximately 200,000 linear feet of wire was pulled.
The project was completed under budget and ahead of schedule. A key factor in the selection of Shambaugh & Son was Zentis’ desire to have process systems ready for wet tests and product trials less than four months from completion of conceptual design.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The existing, newly acquired 150,000 sf building was renovated from a fruit and vegetable packaging plant into a fruit preparations facility and included liquid flavor rooms, 4,000 sf of 49°F ingredient cooler, 7,000 sf of –10°F ingredient freezer, 10,000 sf of pre-processing space, 20,000 sf of processing space, 24,000 sf of 35°F finished goods cooler, 4,000 sf of new lab space and 5,000 sf of new utility rooms to support processing.
Scope details include:
- Renovation of 150,000 sf food processing facility
- Approximately 35,000 sf of cooler/freezer space
- Nearly 30,000 lf of utility piping installed
- Approximately 200,000 lf of wire pulled
- Use of 3D model to integrate owner and Shambaugh & Son supplied equipment/ platforms/prefabrication
- Over 1,200 sf of stainless steel process platforms comprising almost 60,000 lbs. of stainless steel
- Expansion of existing ammonia refrigeration system to support new cooler/freezer spaces and process utilities
Shambaugh & Son self-performed on a Design/Build basis the mechanical, electrical, ammonia refrigeration, fire protection, controls and information technology scopes of work. 3D modeling was used to integrate Zentis’ process equipment with Shambaugh & Son designed and installed platforms (over 1,200 sf of stainless steel platform designed to 300 psf) and prefabricated utilities.