Shambaugh provided key insight into expediting the project’s foreign-sourced equipment through U.S. customs. Additionally, our mechanical engineering group worked closely with the client to determine the utility needs of the owner’s equipment, helping ensure that the utilities were adequately sized.
Our refrigeration group analyzed the existing ammonia-based refrigeration system capacity and provided alternate designs to minimize the capital cost of the final installation.
Monogram Food Solutions needed to renovate its 140,000-square-foot facility to include a mini corn dog production line.
Scope of Services
Shambaugh executed modifications to the existing steam, water, HVAC, natural gas, chilled glycol and ammonia refrigeration systems.
Our services included:
- Multi-room pressurization to ensure maintenance of critical process environments
- 95-percent final filters and ultra-violet lighting to ensure air quality
- Flooded ammonia cooling coil for precise temperature control of incoming air
- Energy efficient design utilizing variable frequency drives for room pressure control
- Stainless steel finishes in process areas to provide wash-down capability
- Modification and expansion of the central ammonia refrigeration system
Monogram Foods is a Memphis, Tennessee-based manufacturer and marketer of packaged and value-added foods.