Shambaugh was the single-source, Design-Build process partner for this major renovation/expansion of this facility. Plant improvements were achieved on budget and on schedule, allowing new products to come online to meet the client’s roll out and delivery commitments.
All construction and process improvements were made as the plant continued to operate and maintain hygienic conditions and existing production schedule demands. To ensure the schedule was met, major MEP systems were prefabricated in Shambaugh’s Fort Wayne, Indiana shop.
The client’s objective was to expand the processing flexibility and capacity of their Tipton, IN facility to meet the growing national demand for their premium soups, sauces, chilies, and gravies.
Scope of Services
The project scope included improved and expanded capabilities of all utility systems, including:
- steam boilers
- ammonia refrigeration system
- plant water
- potable filtered UV-treated process water system
- storm and sanitary systems
- plant pneumatic system
- product cooking and cooling
- spiral freezing and refrigerated storage
- frozen product breaking and grinding
- automated recipe management and blending systems which include new blending, slurry and cooking kettles; vegetable, fruit and meat scaling and decanting systems, ingredient portion controlled dumping stations with customized platforms and lifting systems
- form, fill and seal packing systems
- warm refrigerated and frozen bulk bag material handling and sorting systems
- finish product x-ray and video recognition inspection stations