This project was completed in seven months without the interruption of existing production, warehousing, or packaging processes. Shambaugh met the client’s challenging project schedule, utilizing detailed engineering and our in-house, state-of-the-art fabrication shop. This was a fast-track expansion project focused on process control and ammonia refrigeration.
Nestle needed a 136,000-square-foot addition to produce new “Hot Pocket Toaster Breaks” on a new production line.
Scope of Services
Shambaugh installed a 400-ton spiral freezer with over 1,000 tons of additional compressor capacity enhancements. Our team also designed, prefabricated, and installed all material handling and process control-related systems.
Our team installed the following systems:
- 400-ton spiral freezer
- 700-horsepower booster compressor
- 400-horsepower high stage compressor
- 1000-ton evaporative condenser
- Product transfer system
- Material handling and process platforms
- Process and clean-in-place systems
- Building air handling systems
- Product dust collector systems
- Building/process utilities (steam, water, air)
Nestle is a multinational food and drink processing conglomerate and the largest food company in the world.