T. Marzetti Company, HORSE CAVE, KY
T. Marzetti Company was looking for a single source prime Design/Build services provider for their new, 220,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art salad dressing facility in Horse Cave, Kentucky.
The project was completed on budget 25 days ahead of schedule.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Shambaugh & Son performed a number of services including: mechanical, electrical, process control, fire protection, utilities, plant automation, tele-data, and security work. 3D modeling and an extensive amount of pre-fabrication were also utilized to accelerate the schedule, ensure quality control, and reduce costs
- Designed in 3D modeling software to allow customer to tour and evaluate the installation prior to construction services
- 3D CADD was utilized to allow engineers and customers to improve plant and system ergonomics while also increasing fabrication opportunities for the purpose of accelerating on-site construction
- Batch column technology was utilized for efficient ingredient addition
- Totally automated bulk ingredient addition for maximum production capability
- Multiple state-of-the-art “reuse” CIP systems for fast effective cleaning to maximize production time
- Extensive use of product recovery systems to minimize valuable product loss while reducing high B.O.D. waste
- Receiving electrical power at 12,470 Volts. 8,000-amp service entrance at 480 Volts
- Installed high efficiency fluorescent luminaries in lieu of HID in warehouses
- Integrated Process Control/CIP Plant Automation system
- Installed 55 miles of wiring
- Installed 70 miles of piping and conduit
The plant produces a wide variety of dressings and sauces. Shambaugh & Son was selected based on its technical expertise in the food processing/manufacturing industry and for its track record of completing work on time and on budget.