Shambaugh delivered an optimum facility layout and linear processing design that set benchmarks for production efficiencies and sanitary standards.
Iowa Beef Packers (IBP) wanted a state-of-the-art portion control facility in Emporia, Kansas. The 100,000-square-foot project was required to optimize production, meet GMP and HACCP regulations, and provide for the production of several value-added products.
Scope of Services
Mechanical, electrical, and plumbing construction services of this project included:
- State-of-the-art process inventory management system
- 2,000-ton ammonia refrigeration system with state-of-the-art controls and ammonia detection
- 5,000 KVA plant service with complete power, lighting, and controls
- Complete plumbing, mechanical, fire protection, and utility system design
- HVAC system designed to reduce migration of air and provide separation of various processing/packaging areas
- Complete architectural design to accommodate both plant and office workers, improved plant and shipping traffic patterns, and employee welfare areas
- Efficient material handling systems for all segments of production and packaging
Iowa Beef Packers (IBP), now Tyson Fresh Meats, was the largest beef processor in the country, and its number two pork processor.