La Paloma Generating Station, Bakersfield, California
ALSTOM Power’s objective was to build California’s largest merchant electrical generating facility from the ground up. This massive project required development and integration of various fire protection systems.
Shambaugh & Son provided a complete fire protection solution for the project allowing better integration with the project’s different fire systems.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Shambaugh & Son provided design, fabrication, procurement, and installation of the various fire protection systems required by the project and the customer. Shambaugh & Son’s scope of work included:
- Design, fabrication, and installation for networked lant fire detection, alarm, and release systems
- Design, fabrication, and installation of four Watermist systems for the high pressure steam turbine enclosures with thermal detection
- Design, fabrication, and installation of four Low Pressure Carbon Dioxide systems for the CT enclosures with cross-zoned IR/UV and thermal detection
- Design, fabrication, and installation of deluge systems for plant transformers and lube oil blocks
- Design, fabrication, and installation of pre-action systems for generator and LP/IP Turbine Bearings
- Design, fabrication, and installation of wet and dry sprinkler systems for the gas compressors and miscellaneous structures, along with methane detection
- Designed, fabricated, and delivered a heated, lighted, and wired Pre-Engineered skid mounted, UL labeled Fire Pump Building with two 2000 GPM fire pumps