Project Eagle, KANSAS
Shambaugh & Son completed this complicated job on a two-month “fast track” schedule. We also identified fourteen business profitability improvements implemented in the design phase.
The confidential owner of Project Eagle, a premier producer of margarine, mayonnaise, and other premium quality sauces and dressings, selected Shambaugh & Son for Design/Build construction services of their new manufacturing facility in Kansas. We provided a fully integrated, single-source solution to complete this fasttrack project.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Self-performed all mechanical, electrical & plumbing (MEP) services plus general construction services
- Designed and installed all processing controls, sanitary, waste treatment and packaging systems
- Facility layout optimized material flow, people flow, and information flow to create the most efficient layout using linear process flow whenever possible
- Designed an “open concept” philosophy that eliminated non-essential structures and incorporated special high performance materials and “clean” interior finishes to reduce cost while creating a world-class food processing facility
- A centralized, PLC based, process control system provides full automation of all production and clean-in-place (CIP) operations
- Fully integrated central CIP systems greatly reduce process turnaround time, while providing repeatable, reliable cleaning with minimum operator action
- Clean design process piping systems with extensive prefabrication
- 2,000-ton ammonia refrigeration system and all mechanical/electrical utilities