Dairy Expansion, Fort Morgan, CO
DFA needed to expand operations at the Fort Morgan facility due to an increased demand for production.
Due to the Fort Morgan scheduled shutdown and the overall project schedule for completion, it was necessary for Shambaugh to begin work prior to completion of full scope of work and final GMP. Engineering and long-lead equipment orders were fast-tracked in order to meet the Owner’s aggressive project timeline.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The scope of service for the Fort Morgan expansion focused on the following production and operational plant increases:
- Increase raw milk throughput
- Provide utilities and interconnecting piping
- Provide stand-alone skim HTST
- Upgrade existing cream HTST
- Upgrade refrigeration system by adding new condenser and relocating chillers
- Non-destructive testing for piping and weld inspection
Shambaugh & Son delivered a successful project on time and within budget.